Get Food License Renewal by filling up the Food License Renewal Form Below
Food License Renewal
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India(FSSAI License) is a necessary license that all Food Business Operators(FBOs) need to acquire. Despite whether you are a food manufacturer, producer, wholesaler, retailer, importer or exporter the FSSAI license is lawfully compelling on you, as stated under the FSSAI Act of 2006. FSSAI license assures the quality and safety of your food products. The licence is given in the form of 14-digit number which requires to be printed on the packaging of your food products.
In order to run a food business, an FSSAI registration is of most important. Once you have obtained a license it becomes equally essential to apply for the FSSAI renewal to stay in business FSSAI. The license requires to be renewed periodically.
There are particular points to retain in mind when addressing FSSAI license renewal.
- The license must be renewed 30 days before its expiry.
- The expansion of the renewal is also for 1- 5 years. The cost of renewing will also increment depending on the expansion period.
- If one fails to renew the license before its expiry, then he or she will be imposed Rs. 100/- every day from the day of expiry till the renewal.
How to renew food license?
In India, Food License is indispensable for food business operator. It must be obtained by the Manufacturers, storage units, transporters, distributors, retailers, petty hawkers etc. Before commencing the food business, FSSAI license must be obtained from the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. Not only obtain, but FSSAI License is equally important to be renewed within the time so that you would be able to continue to operate the business legally and comply with the FSSAI regulations.
The initial validity of the food license which is chosen by the food business operators can be 1 year up to 5 years and accordingly the fee is decided. As prescribed under FSSAI guidelines, every food business operator has to apply for renewal of the food license 30 days before the expiry of the current food license.
FSSAI License Renewal after Expiration
If you want to continue with your food business, FSSAI license renewal is not optional, but compulsory. You must renew your license before the expiry of the date. In the case of crossing the renewal time i.e more 30 days before the expiration date, a new application for an FSSAI license has to be registered.
Food License Procedure for Renewal
The following is the system for the FSSAI license renewal
- The Form A i.e Basic FSSAI registration or Form B i.e Central or State FSSAI registration and Form C following the former license is to be given along with few self-attested FSSAI license documents and declaration.
- Once the filled application has been taken, the concerned professionals will analyse it. If required your business premises will also be examined to assure the legitimacy of furnished data.
- On being assured of your business operations, a license shall be circulated in your favour.
- The renewed FSSAI license must reach you within 60 days.
Even if you don’t get a reply from the authorities within 60 days, you can maintain running work as usual.
Steps for Food License Renewal
- Step 1: Visit our portal from your browser.
- Step 2: Log in to you FSSAI account that you created during registration.
- Step 3: Tap on the option that states -Apply for renewal of the license.
- Step 4: A list of links must seem out of which you require to tap on the one that applies to you.
- Step 5: Confirm renewal by taping on the OK button on the confirmation pop- up.
- Step 6: Attach and upload the demanded documents.
- Step 7: Save the recently gained reference number for future tracking and knowing the progress of the FSSAI license renewal.
By grasping these steps, one can simply renew their FSSAI license online. The method is very relatable to the steps for FSSAI registration.
Related to that of the FSSAI registration process, the candidate must make sure that he or she must apply and submit the FSSAI renewal form and related documents before the completion of the tenure of the FSSAI food license.
Basic FSSAI License renewal after expiration
To appeal for FSSAI registration renewal, you need to have all the mentioned documents.
- Passport size photograph of the candidate
- The ID proof of the applicant (Voter ID card or Aadhar Card)
- Copy of PAN card
- Address Proof (Telephone bill, Mobile bill, Electricity bill, Gas bill)
- Copy of property papers in case you own the business place
- Copy of Rent agreement along with the NOC letter from the landlord
Central / State FSSAI License renewal after expiration
Aside from filled Form B and properly signed following is to be given as an attachment to the Form for FSSAI License Renewal:
- Photo of Partner, Director, Authorized Signatory or Applicant
- Directors List with their ID proof
- Address proof of the Partner, Director, Authorized Signatory or Applicant
- Layout plan of the food processing unit
- Food category list for manufacturers
- Authorization letter by the manufacturer
- NOC from the municipality or local body if any
- In the case of the applicant is a manufacturer the name and number of equipment as per installed capacity and horsepower is to be provided
- Partnership deed or a copy of MOA and AOA.
- Possession proof is important (Electricity bill, sales deed etc.) (in case of central license)
- A cancelled cheque.
Note that in the case of Central FSSAI License renewal apart from the above following is also required:
- Ministry of commerce certificate for 100 % EOU
- Proof of turnover
- The analysis report of water which will be used in the food
- IEC documents issued by DGFT
Penalty for Non-Renewal of Food License
If the FBO declines to apply for renewal of the FSSAI Food license within the directed time limit, a fine of Rs. 100 shall be forced for each day of delay. If the Food license is not renewed within a defined time, then the license is recognised as expired and the FBO has to appeal for a new license if they want to stay or restart their business. Therefore, it is advisable to renew the FSSAI license on the time and usually for evading penalties.
Consequences of Non-Renewal
It is always advisable to choose a proactive approach when it comes to FSSAI license renewal. Failure to do so will be punished. You are expected to apply during the 30 days prior to the expiration date for which you will be notified. The result of ignoring or forgetting the renewal process is the penalty costs of Rs. 100 per day levied on account of neglect in compliance.
Food License Validity
The legality of your food license in India is directed to the number of years for which it was taken at the time of registration. Usually, this extends from 1-5 years. Fines will be inflicted if you forget FSSAI registration renewal, so it is always suggested to hold a check on FSSAI license expiry date. At the time of registering for FSSAI License, you may choose for how long you want to obtain the FSSAI License. The fees for the FSSAI License also change as per the number of years determined for FSSAI registration. Every FBOs should begin its food business only after receiving the valid FSSAI license. To maintain the business it is expected to be renewed before the expiry of the FSSAI License validity.
If your food license expiry is close stay observant and identify you have to appeal 30 days before the registration Expiry date.
Renewal of Food Safety Certification
The Food Saftey Certification is a permission that products and processing in the food supply chain reach the food safety standards. It is based on the results of inspections and audit gives assurance to the consumer as an organisation’s product are being fully assessed against trusted national and international industry standards by a qualified third body. It involves product certification and organisational certification. A certification is strategic resources in the marketplace that represent a sign of high food quality and safety to consumers.
The biggest benefit of having a food safety certificate is that it is believed that the quality and the control on the food hazards are taken care of and the food offered by such a business is reliable to be consumed. Certification of an organization as per the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points is one of the means of assurance that the certified organisation has completed the food safety management system and has complied with all the rules, activities, products and services in line with the organisation’s food safety policy and the terms of ISO 22000.
It is usually estimated that a food safety certificate does not last permanently and they require to be renewed. There is no legal provision for the renewal of food safety certificate. But, employers must be able to prove that their employees have been well trained, especially in the case of something going wrong that is why food safety certificates are usually taken as necessary by the food industry. And without an up-to-date food safety certificate, it is hard to prove adequate training. Hence, renewal of such food safety certificate is also supposed essential. As a general rule, the food industry standard needs the food safety certificate to be renewed every 3 years.
Important Things to Know About Food License Renewal
When renewing your FSSAI license, there are a couple of things that you must keep in mind:
- The fee amount for renewal of the FSSAI license is dependent on the selected number of years. The higher the years, the more will be the fees. The maximum renewable period for an FSSAI license is for five years.
- The FSSAI license renewal form ‘C’ needs an attestation with a self- declaration copy along with the license fee for the stipulated years and other documents.
- For renewal, there is a requirement for a photo identity proof, which can be in the form of Aadhaar card, driving license, voter’s ID card or passport.
- If the applicant has not received their renewal of the FSSAI license after completing the procedure, then he or she need not wait for it. The applicant can immediately resume business.
- The applicant can track the progress and status of their FSSAI renewal via the reference code which they received on completing the renewal application.
- This must not be confused with the reference number received during the FSSAI registration process*
- On completion of the FSSAI renewal process, the applicant food business will be under inspection, which shall be done by the representative authorities. Once the applicant has passed the inspection, he or she is given the all-clear signal to carry the business without any further worries. Purpose of the inspection is to ascertain compliance of the norms of the FSSAI license.
- Other than failure to renew in time, there are no additional penalties or charges. If the applicant can ensure to renew his or her FSSAI license in proper time, he or she can continue business operations without any hindrance.
Frequently Asked Questions
• Form A and B are necessitated to be filled which is based on the eligibility of Food Operator.
• Then a confirmation will be conducted by the officials to make sure that all the information is revelated is correct and published.
• When the inquiry is complete if officials are satisfied with you all business process they will give an FSSAI Renewal Licence.
• You will get a licence within the 60 days. In case you don’t receive the licence then proceed your business without expecting for any further notice.
• Aadhar Card of the owner.
• PAN Card of the owner
• Passport Size photograph
• Water bill/ Electricity Bill/ Gas Bill
• IEC Code(for central license)
• CA declaration- if your turnover is 18-19 crores
Depending on the sort of License basic, State or Central, the documents may differ.
Form B is if the food unit’s turnover is less than 20 crore and if the operation is just confined to the State. The Central FSSIA license form B is at the unit’s turnover that is more than 20 crore.